Interior Ideas

All things white, that is what we like! Down couches, dutch mints, vanilla candles, white pear tea;bell jars, chandeliers and bottle brush trees…Glass, glitter, old and new; gold, pearls, paper, silver hues. From french to flea market, second hand too, treasures we find to bring them to you. Blank canvas’ waiting to be brought to life-Anyone can do it grandma, mother, daughter or wife. More color suits your palette? Well white is just the start…add as much as you desire, whatever fills your heart! Come along experience, no need to travail, as we simply show you how to unveilthe beauty unknown in how to make your house, your home.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Birthday




I generally only post creative pieces on my blogs but today is a special day- Today is my best friends birthday, his name is Derek, and I also get the blessing of being his wife.

I wanted to make a post to honor him as he is an amazing husband who supports me in every endeavor and encourages me to keep creating. Derek is the husband who knows just how much joy it brings me to be creating upstairs in my studio, he will bring me a cup of tea and chat with me while I create. Derek never complains when I host a boutique in our home which transforms every corner into a world of creativity, instead he is found helping me hang things from the ceiling, cleaning off walkways and encouraging me every step of the way. He is amazing!

Derek is the type of man who says he wants the lyrics of the song, "lived a good life, loved a good wife, always helped someone in trouble. On the lay they lay me down I want everyone to gather round and say he was a father, neighbor and a friend- he was a good man." to be the song that portrays the life he leads; and it surely does.

I love him because he has a tender and humble heart, he gives before taking, he is positive, he is relaxed and easy going, he is quick to listen and slow to speak, he doesn't like debating, and he loves me unconditionally. I'll have to admit he's pretty handsome too.

Here are some photos- I hope you enjoy meeting the man who stands with me.



Our Wedding Day

Fishing, Camping and hunting are a few of his favorite things to do.

He dressed up as The Mad Hatter for my Alice In Wonderland Birthday Tea Party and served the ladies tea and cookies. This blessed my heart tremendously!
He Loves traveling! This summer we went to the DR for a resort vacation- Next stop Europe


Happy Birthday Derek- I love you!






5 comments:

  1. ...so sweet..just the best .....bestfriend & husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Derek! What a sweet tribute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Derek! He sounds like he fits the words to that song just perfectly. I hope you both have a wonderful day :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aubrey,
    What a gorgeous couple you and your hubby are!! It is so amazing when you find that special person who fits you like a glove. I found mine 17 years ago and I still love him dearly!
    Happy birthday to your best friend!!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Derek!!
    You are the "SONG"
    Aubrey what a sweet way to honor his day:)
    Blessings to both of you.
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete